Tuesday, 1 April 2014

April 2014 - Paintings and Sketches

I try to get out of my studio to paint whenever the weather beckons, early morning, late at night if there's a full moon, when it's grey and misty, when there's snow on the ground but most of all, when it's sunny and when the tips of the trees and bushes are tinged with pale green, white and purple. 
I paint in stages, often taking my time to consider the next step.  I paint for myself.  I enjoy the journey and the process of discovery.
A Devon Valley in Late Summer. gouache & chalk pastel
Hawthorn Tree - Dartmoor. stage 2 - oil pastel
Beyond Widecombe - Devon. stage 1 - watercolour
Tree in Moonlight - Dartmoor - stage 1- oil pastel & ink
From Southcombe - Dartmoor. stage 1- watercolour
Dappled Path in April - Port Navas - Cornwall.  stage 1 - oil
I do like gouache and I do like Bonnard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...